Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Sunday 20 March 2011

Who Says Prize Draws Are A Waste Of Time ??

You know the type of thing - Free Prize Draw in a High Street shop - not transerable, no cash alternative & so on. I filled a form out last Autumn then forgot all about it until today when a letter arrived... a nice voucher to use in a Music Store...

Now I've got a lovely sunburst & tortoise shell Fender Squier Jaguar and a little Vox amp, along with a few accessories. I am still in shock - I nver actually thought anyone won these competitions...

6 comments:

  1. Nice one Skaman. I once won a record collector comp., the prize being a signed Kim Wilde cd. Rather the guit though. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done mate, but can you play it! when you making your first demo's? the best thing i ever won was a all expenses paid trip to leeds v valencia champions league semi at elland my best day ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey skaman-you are a lucky chap.i`m looking forward to your demo`s. hope you play the townshend style,or playing with tongue like hendrix.....
    the best(only) thing i ever won ??? in the 80`s, i won a record of a german blues guitar player called :alexis conti(he is a awful bore-horrible record)AND to have five nummbers in the lottery-4years ago-1000 Euro`s
    HEY the best thing i ever won: DATA disc`s from mr. ska - the 100000 visitor-OH YEAH IT WAS THE BEST......
    cheers freunde

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great news Skamanc !!!
    So glad for you mate,as for me,i m in the last part of your words,never won any competition,oh yeah !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! the jaguar is probably one of the better quality squier guitars,enjoy learning to play if you don`t already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks lads. I'm still in a state of shock today...

    Don't think there'll be any demos out anytime soon lol

    I know / remember me chords as I used to mess with guitars back in the say. Also a few stricks like pull offs, hammer ons, string bending & slides so I can play just enough to sound okay...

    You're right Corby Punk - I had a look @ a load of guitars before going for the Jag. It pisses all over the Strats & tele's etc For a Squier the build quality & sound is phenomenal. It sounds great thru the Vox also...

    ReplyDelete