Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Tuesday 1 March 2011

JOHN PEEL : Desert Island Discs (January 1990) & MORRISSEY (November 2009)

Here's another interesting edition of Desert Island Discs, this time featuring John Peel, originally broadcast Jan 14th 1990. I wonder how long it took him to come up with a list of only 8 tracks ??? A couple are obvious but some more obscure /  off the wall choices make it in as well...


Handel: Zadok the Priest
Roy Orbison: It's Over
Jimmy Reed: Too Much
Misty in Roots: Mankind
The Undertones: Teenage Kicks (top choice)
Rachmaninoff: 2nd piano concerto
The Fall: Eat Y'self Fitter
The Four Brothers: Pasi Pano Pane Zviedzo


Book: A Dance To The Music Of Time by Anthony Powell. 
Luxury: A football, and a wall to kick it against.








Plus here's the bonus of Morrissey's appearance on the show, originally broadcast on November 30th 2009. Again, some unsurprising choices with more left field stuff...



1 comment:

  1. Skamanc you are just the best. Thanks so much for the Peel DID.

    ReplyDelete