Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Saturday 5 March 2011

THE PRISONERS : Hope & Anchor 24/3/83

This is the first of a stack of Prisoners & Prime Movers live tapes that I've made reference to recently. These were very kindly made available to share with the blog by Rodd from Oz, who deserves our sincere thanks for this. Not only did he contact me initially, he then went to the hassle of converting the tapes to a digital MP3 format & then mailed them via data disc all the way from Australia.

I've spent most of Friday night uploading them ready to be posted - I'm sure Rodd would appreciate a comment or two of thanks...



Sound quality greatly varies over these boots - I've left them as per the original cassettes. Some are mixing desk & some audience tapes. Whatever the origin though, these are essential items & THANKS again to Rodd !

8 comments:

  1. Hi Skamanc!
    Recently I convert to mp3 the tape "Mod Night Out" (Rotherham 1985), a concert featuring The Prisoners and The Direct Hits. The sound is....listeable. But first I try to upload "Back To Zero" at Acklam Hall 79.
    Thanks to Rodd and you for this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Always good to hear more Prisoners stuff, especially the forgotten covers. Pretty good sound on this one too.

    Big thanks to SkaManc and Rodd for sharing these, look forward to the rest.

    (and I haven't forgotten I still have more stuff to send you...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU SKAMANC & THANK YOU RODD
    for sharing this MP3ed tape
    can't wait for other Prisoners, prime movers, etc live recordings. ciao
    NIcola (Italy)
    Josechu look forwad to your Mod Night Out either

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads more to come Nicola... one is from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. All welcome guys and gals. These tapes have been sitting around in a cupboard since 199something!!!
    Thought we should hear them again and what a great blog to have them on. Grab the shows, listen & love 'em and let me know how you're feeling. regards Rodd in Oz.

    PS: If anyone cares to clean them up abit - EQ and whatever?? Then repost them here that might be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. frome the button of an prisoners fan heart...
    THANX skamanc and rod

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the prisoners posts ! Amazing website!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everyone who has commented on these Prisoners gems. Its a pleasure to read them, just as its an honour to be able to post 'em.

    ReplyDelete