Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Wednesday 23 March 2011

PINK FLOYD : Barrett's Revenge

I've been re-listening to the Floyd in a big way recently, especially the early stuff with Syd Barrett. As such, I've got a fair amount of stuff to post over the coming weeks, including BBC stuff & loads of out-takes as well as live gigs.  Those of you already acquainted with the Barrett era Floyd will be well into some of the stuff to come... if you're not, then give it a go... I've alos got loads of Barrett solo, including, again, BBC & live stuff. Often shambolic, though his genius frequently shines through. Top songwriter and a great guitarist also...


For the late genius Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett, 1946 - 2006


5 comments:

  1. really interested in early floyd inc Syd Barrett,not so much later,really sad story when year's after leaving the Floyd Syd turned up at studios and no one recognised him coz he was bald and overweight coz of his illness,R.I.P syd Barrett. thanx for the post mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. shine on you crazy diamond...
    syd barett-colourful character,great and sensitive artist. i`m glad skamanc,u gave syd barrett a platform and i hope he found new fans.
    this is the real pink floyd stuff !!!more syd -count me in ! thanx mate and R.I.P. Syd (you are diamond)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this one Skamanc.
    Please re-post some of the dead linked posts from the past if you wish to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see what I can do with the dead links anon... seem to be the Megaupload & Sharebee ones. For once Rapidshite is doing well.

    Martin - I'm just reading a decent Barrett biography (when I get the time...) Excellent & very well researched. Tragic story really...

    ReplyDelete
  5. All my time is being taken up with the 20 cd's of audiobook that is life Keith Richards autobiography,spellbinding stuff en all! but Syd's sounds interesting mate, might search it out

    ReplyDelete