Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Friday 11 March 2011

NINE BELOW ZERO : Live At The Marquee / Don't Point Your Finger

                                           BIG THANKS as always to Rodd from Oz...

Now this stuff takes me back....Dennis Greaves & co before the Truth. I actually saw the later outfit at the Gallery in Manchester, but never got to see Zero. I'm glad to say they're still doing the rounds...

I remember the clip below well as I tuned in to this new show that, next day, was cult viewing for everyone. No youtube in them days kiddiwinks !

Rodd's also sent me the 2x disc "Doing Their Homework" comp - I'll post it up if there's sufficient interest.


Marquee (1980)

Finger (1981)


Great clip of "Eleven Plus Eleven" from the 1st episode of "The Young Ones" (1982)

7 comments:

  1. Great stuff !!
    Please post the compilation also.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post - long time ago....great band - thanx
    i say yes to the compliation post.
    cheers mein freund

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx to Rodd from Oz and you skamanc, don't really know of them only the young ones performance that you blogged, so a yes to the comp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post.
    Yes, keep the Pubrock music alive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just drafted up the "Doin' Their Homework" compilation, which will be Sunday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers mate - Marquee has to be my most played album of all time. Been meaning to get on MP3 for ages. Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Skamanc
    Possible non_starter
    Do you have anywhere the ultra rare [never on CD] tracks by NBZ
    Homework / Is That You [both studio versions]
    Why Don't You Try Me Tonight [studio version]
    Last Night [from Pack Fair & Square EP]
    Can't find these, had the singles but can't find them either
    Cheers
    DaveC [UK]

    ReplyDelete