Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Sunday 6 March 2011

THE PRISONERS : Lillebone 29/9/83

WITH THANKS & RESPECT TO RODD

What a tracklisting - several rare cover versions here... This is one of the joys of blogging - sometimes gems like this just fall into your lap !!!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a proper whisky-fuelled one this time! Excellent stuff, keep 'em coming!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loads of excellent Prisoners / Medway stuff lately. Thanks a lot.
    A related request: Have never been able to get my hands on, let alone listen to, the Gift Horses' (feat. Hallam, Day, Blunt and Brookes)7" 'Rosemary'. Maybe I'm lookin in the wrong places, but would you or any of this blog's readers be able to help?
    Keep on burnin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did have / should still have that knocking about somewhere Pete. My filing system leaves a lot to be desired but I'll have a root around for it. Failing that, I know someone who has loads of Medway & related. I'll do my best mate...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these Prisoners old tapes !!!!
    Thanks Skamanc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS SKAMANC & RODD AGAIN FOR ANOTHER PRISONER TAPE!!!!
    CIAO, NICOLA
    SKAMANC, IF YOU DO NOT FIND GIFT HORSES MP3, LET ME KNOW I WILL RECORD MP3 FROM VINYL TO HELP OUT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks mate. I can't currently find this track so it would be great if you could do an MP3 for the blog. Many thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete