Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Sunday 13 March 2011

THE GIFT HORSES : Rosemary 7"






Todays slice of Medway comes from the Gift Horses. This Graham Day related rarity comes courtesy of Nicola, who very kindly sent me a zip of the single A&B, plus the various sleeve and label designs he has in his collection.

Requested by & posted for Pete.



14 comments:

  1. It's difficult to find something about The Gift Horses...thanks a lot to Nicola for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Never even knew about this band for some reason. Was a big Makin' Time and Prisoners fan so really don't know how it passed me by.

    Great download. Cheers

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Gift Of The Month !!!!!
    Super Thanks Skamanc & Nicola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks... oddly enough was listening to the couple of tracks I have from the Prime Movers Arc... These are two better than average songs... When can we expect new music from Graham Day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, I missed this one at the time too. Knew of it but thought "I'll get it later" - duh.

    @Rinjo - if you're blissfully unaware of them, check out Graham Day and the Gaolers:

    http://www.myspace.com/grahamdayandthegaolers
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37459937097

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, never thought I'd track down a copy of this! Superb haul of Medway goodies on top of a tripto Wembley - does it get any better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could repost the Gaolers stuff, though it does tend to get taken down pretty quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat! Any chance of The Prime Movers 'Stroboscope' 12" and 'We Live To Shine/Nations Of Hostility' 7"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got the albums but maybe someone out there can help ???

    ReplyDelete
  10. got them both on vinyl (of course) but need some time to record from vinyl to mp3 and then will email to you skamanc
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless you for that Nicola !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @TC Yes more than aware of the Gaolers. Stillit's been close to 3 years since the last album. Come on graham-- you can rest when you are dead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent!
    Thanks.
    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  14. Prime Movers: 'We Live To Shine/Nations Of Hostility' 7"........

    http://modforever.blogspot.com/2010/01/prime-movers-uk-we-live-to-shine-7-1993.html

    ReplyDelete