Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Friday 21 January 2011

TALCUM SOUL (Northern Soul Comp)

I picked up a bargain job lot of these compilations recently to add to the 100s I've already got on CD, mp3, data dvd & HDD. Reasonable compilation of Northern tracks from the Stateside label back catalogue - some obscure tracks & some very familiar names. Essential stuff for the Soul fan & well worth a quick download for the newbie / uninitiated. Vols 2-4 on the way soon plus Torch & Twisted Wheel compilations...



PS If you're in the Granada TV region (North West England) then lok out for a report on Neil Young & Man City on tonight's show. I was at the ground with Tommy (Skamanc Jr) and was asked to give a brief interview about what Young means to City fans. Sky+ is set & I hope they use the clip as I've told all the lads to tune in... if someone can youtube the piece I'd be really grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment