Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Sunday 23 January 2011

ELVIS COSTELLO + THE ATTRACTIONS : Heatwave Festival, Toronto, 23/8/80


Excellent quality (soundboard) boot from 1980. great tracklist & the Atractions are playing out of their skin. This has been in the car CD player for months - about time I shared it out...



For Cheryl Parker (North Carolina).

7 comments:

  1. f*****g cool stuff.... the early costello is fantastic.
    thanx mein freund
    cheers your Pauli

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mate for this! ive got that hollywood high somewhere and its a terrifc recording i love all costello's early stuff, i read somewhere that when he toured in late 70s he was always playing stuff that hadnt been released yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks lads. I've got a CD copy of Hollywood High somewhere - have to dig it out & post it asap...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at this concert. Got some great photos of Elvis and the other bands. Can't believe it was 31 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the recording engineer on this cd. We were not authorized to record Costello, as the film company had not received the rights to record anyone at the festival except two local bands, Teenage Head and The Kings. So I locked myself in the mobile and recorded it anyway. I was fortunate to be able to hand a cd copy to Costello personally last year when I was mixing him, Ron Sexsmith and Feist at the Gemini Awards in Toronto. This is a live to two-track mix from the night of the show. To my knowledge, the 8 track multitrack has never seen the light of day. I had to do the mix you hear on this cd on headphones so nobody outside the mobile would know there was someone recording. Doug McClement, LiveWire Remote Recorders, Toronto Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent show. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u.

    footoomaster.com

    ReplyDelete