Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Sunday 16 January 2011

THE SPECIALS : Whiskey A Go Go, Los Angeles, 8/2/80


Acknowlegements to either Gobshyte or Sonchey for above artwork... I introduced this gig to the blog fraternity several months ago, courtesy of a very kind offer of the loan of an old C90 tape. As other blogs borrowed the audio file then I reckon its ok to re-use the excellent artwork in return.

This cracker is a requetsed repost - essential for any fan of the Specials & worth investigating by anyone who might not be (yet).

This is dedicated to all at the "bollocks" forum, espec Shan, Stacks, Dougal & Ally. Also to my eldest son, Dylan (already a confirmed Specials fan) who turns 5 today, Jan 16th.

                                                   Our Dylan, City v Wolves, 15/1/11.
Specials 8/2/80

18/1/11 : Direct Link (new sharecode) =

http://rapidshare.com/files/338007406/THE_SPECIALS_-_Whisky_a_Go-Go_8_2_80.rar

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN. great name, top dad (and surely a top mum),brilliant music taste and a amazing match.... fantastic birthday...
    my birthday gift DZEKO :-).
    HAVE A NICE SUNDAY Dylan,Mr.SKA and your fam.
    your`s Pauli
    P.S.
    HI TO BLOGBROTHER MARTIN

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky lad, seeing Wolves on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all happy birthday Dylan.As for the Specials, although in there prime and also recent comeback gigs were awesome, i'm not sure if they should do nxt years tour, one of the exciting things for me was to finally see them live, now i have (brixton)they seem to be going through the motions. don't know what other people think? sorry thanx for this mate

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're off to the Leicester replay Tues night - hope his talismanic influence (8x games attended & all wins) continues...

    ReplyDelete
  5. As regards The Specials today... I was delighted to be able to see 'em both nites in Manchester (May 3rd / 4th 2009). As for this winter's topur then I reckon I can take it or leave it. The issue has debated long & hard re Dammers - ultimately, The Specials without Jerry is like The Who without Townshend or the Stones lacking Keef... Nevertheless, I will take the great memories of the M/c Apollo to the grave. Even Mrs Skamanc was dancing to 'em...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Dylan !!!
    All the best to you and your family !!!
    As for the link,i tried many times but it don t works...am i doin something wrong ???
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for thew best wishes & I'm sorry about the dead link. Happens often with older posts. Try this new sharecode (tested & working) :

    http://rapidshare.com/files/338007406/THE_SPECIALS_-_Whisky_a_Go-Go_8_2_80.rar

    I'll also paste it into the html on the post (the download flag).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again SKAMAN,link is ok now !!
    Thanks for re-post and all your great work so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries matey. Thanks for looking in on the blog. All the best, Skamanc.

    ReplyDelete