Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Friday 21 January 2011

NEIL YOUNG APPEAL / DVD RAFFLE

Here is a still from the Granada Reports feature earlier this evening. My younger son, Tommy & I were at the club this morning where we were approached by a Film Crew to say a few words about Neil Young & what he means to supporters. I've sky plussed it though lack the facilities or knowledge to put the clip on youtube. A shame, as it was a well rounded feature with some great clips of Young in his prime.

As many Manchester City fans are already aware, ex forward Neil Young is terminally ill with cancer in Manchester's Wythenshawe Hospital. The Supporters Club has organised an appeal for his family, who have very kindly offered half the total donated to the Cecilia Cancer Centre at the hospital.

There is a paypal donate button on the Official Supporters' Site : http://www.mcfcsc.com/

To hopefully help raise a few bob, I am offering a prize of one set of 4x brand new & still sealed Man City DVD's. These are Season reviews for 20005/6, 2006/7 & 2008/9, plus Greatest FA Cup Goals (which includes Neil's Cup Winmning  strike from 1969).

I realise it is very soon after Christmas and everyones' funds are low, but even the smallest donation will make a difference.

If interested, please use the donate button on this blog & I will forward all funds to Supporters' Club Secretary Kevin Parker. If / when donating, please make sure you include your name & address details in case you are the lucky winner. Thanks !



No comments:

Post a Comment