Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 31 January 2011

BUZZCOCKS : The Roxy, 2/4/77

Not a very polished performance, but an important piece of history. The genius that is Howard Devoto had just left to form Magazine (Loads of posts on soon) & this marked the beginning of their transition into an excellent band (playing & writing wise) as well as very successful in chart terms.

Anyway its gone 1AM & I've just finished a cracking post to kick off February in style : 76 recording of The Pistols, Clash & Buzzcocks as well as loads more quality sounds to follow, including several Magazine gigs. So, I'm off to feather as Mrs SM is working a night & I've kids to bath, feed, dress & get to school. Wish I'd kept me jeans on.... 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks as always, Mr Ska! My best to Mrs Ska and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for buzzcocks and thanx for your great work.RESPECT !! long time ago... i worked at a mother child clinic. one of my funktion:to look after kids AND to bath kids... HEY MATE it`s a hard job. All the best to you and your Fam.
    cheers yours PAULI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving every post mate,buzzcocks were right up there in the punk premier league! roxy was very important back in the day for giving punk bands a venue when no one would touch them with a barge pole! thanx to you and best wishes to the family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked that CD up in Chicago about 20 years ago and promptly lost it. Thanks for the repost!

    ReplyDelete