Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Tuesday 4 January 2011

THE PRISONERS : Rare And Unissued

Following on from the comments re The Hope & Anchor LP / Prisoners studio version of "Hush", here's the "Rare And Unissued" compilation in full. Enjoy...
Sharebee... Get it while its here !

Direct Link = http://sharebee.com/569d8937

For TC, Nicola, Martin, Herr Pauli,. Dougal & all the usual Medway suspects !

13 comments:

  1. Thanx a lot for this mate, superb stuff, MEDWAY DEF RULES!christmas over back to football and Great music

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh that saves me the job of posting it for tc then :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in anything else Medway related you might have that's a bit off the beaten track...

    ReplyDelete
  4. as usal.....
    f*****g great stuff-skamanc you are the best !!!
    thank`s a lot - vielen dank mein freund.
    good luck for city AND hi to martin and to the blogfamily...
    your`s Pauli

    ReplyDelete
  5. what medway stuff do people want?, i've pretty much got all the records & a number of bootlegs..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd love to hear "Rosemary" single by Gift Horses which is about the only Graham Day/Fay Hallam disc I haven't got. Prime Movers live bootleg would be great too. They were terrific live and never really captured that sound in the studio.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd pretty much like to hear any bootlegs you have, especially Prisoners/Milkshakes and their offshoots, but also any of the 'Medway Powerhouse' acts and the 'outsiders' like The Dentists/The Claim... It's really down to SkaManc I suppose, we don't want to start muscling in and moving this blog away from what he wants it to be!

    I've got a few other live recordings (Mighty Caesars etc)and some unreleased stuff that I'd be happy to share about (a couple of Prime Movers too).

    ReplyDelete
  8. ANYTHING Medway related is cool with me lads... there's a fair bit of stuff I periodically get sent speculatively which never gets posted, usually 'cos its shite but...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything Prisoners (+ offshoots) not already covered on the blog would be especially welcome btw. I'm also hoping to hear back from a lad who lives nearby who e-mailed me months back about digging out some Prisoners bootlegs...

    ReplyDelete
  10. del monas ???
    JtQ ???
    johnny Barker's Bandits ??
    Gruffmen ??
    Tommy Karloff ??
    Mindreaders??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any or all the above would be most welcome feller.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked this record up on vinyl at Bleeker Bob's Records in Greenwich Village, NYC probably in the fall of 1988. It was my first Prisoners record and I wish I was able to see them play live, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully Graham Day & the Gaolers will visit the States soon.

    ReplyDelete