Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Saturday 15 January 2011

JOHN COOPER CLARKE : Zip Style Method + 1982 Peel Session

Another cracker I picked up for pennies recently. I really should mention Vinyl Exchange - a long running shop on Oldham St in cenral Manchester. Well worth a visit...

I've blogged this 1982 album before though this is a remastered copy with a bonus 1982 Peel Session tagged on.


REPOSTED SHARECODE : 4/5/11... Now available again for download.

For my mucker Richard Kenyon - percussionist extraordinaire.

5 comments:

  1. awesome, not got the peel session so many thanks, saw JCC last year at leadmill, a truly brilliant talent had us in stitches for 2 hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for this mate,saw him supporting The Doves at Astoria( now flattened to make a bloody bigger tube station!) also remember him from punk daze, def the best of the spoken word punk poets.Hi to Herr Pauli

    ReplyDelete
  3. The HF link has been removed.Can you please repost and thanks for the other JCC posts, I can't wait to listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just re-upping now mate. Will stick a note on the post to confirm that it's reavailable. (It will be on Rapidshite this time).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always admired JCC -- him, his hilarious "muse" and that 'aircut...
    You have one hellovva great blog here, so all my thanks for the time & effort you expend bringing these retro days back to life...

    ReplyDelete