Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Saturday 21 July 2012

THE (ENGLISH) BEAT : Bonus Beat CD1




This is where a life long love of Ska began for me... Imagine a kid messing about with the radio in his Dad's new 1979 Ford Cortina Ghia when "Tears of a Clown" comes on the radio. I was instantly hooked & so was delighted to receive the new "Complete Beat" files from Melanie in Toronto. I was slightly guilty about posting these files though as they have now started to appear elsewhere these feelings are somewhat assuaged... 

Apart from the three original albums (remastered), namely "I Just Can't Stand It", "Whappen?" and "Special Beat Service" (from 1980 through to 1982), there are also two "Bonus Beat" CD's, including dub versions, 12" single tracks, Peel Sessions and live tracks. I will start the posting of the compilation with the 1st Bonus CD & carry on from there...

For Rankin' Robbo (Leamington Spa)...

11 comments:

  1. what a band.thanks alot mate.a.k dublin

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool stuff mate.

    a big "DANKE"
    from your good old german boy
    Herr Pauli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to listening to the bonus stuff.....lp's weregreat...Thanks for everything !!!!
    Niall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great having all this stuff in one place, rather than scattered across various slabs of vinyl. Thanks a lot. I'm hoping to see the Beat when they play 'Sheftival' next month - Toots & the Maytals and the Selecter are on too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy memories. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks esp for the bonus stuff.

    ps For some reason, they were playing several Beat tracks on 6music today => fans of the blog??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank's mate........have enjoyed your cool blog for a few years...keep up the great!! work.....PMc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Thanks I have just the singles.

    Best wishes from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wicked stuff, I've been after the dub version of Stand Down Margaret for ages. Cheers fella.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And one not to miss for skamanc and his readers: http://so-many-roads-boots.blogspot.com/2012/11/english-beat-1982-11-26-montego-bay.html

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete