Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Thursday 12 July 2012

BLANK GENERATION... 1959 !!



WELL, YOU BELONG TO THE BLANK GENERATION

(you never comment and download all the time)

A Dave Sez and Skamanc special for all the silent zombies out there ...

Until a couple of years ago, I never realized that Richard Hell's Blank Generation was a rip-off of a 1959 track.

Thanks to the great Mona of http://sonofexileonmoanstreet.blogspot.com/2010/11/heartbreakers-with-richard-hell-demos.html, my longstanding blog buddy on the Television/Hell megapost, here it is, and quite a bleedin' revelation it is too:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gxse36bg92q34dw

Cheers, Dave Sez.

9 comments:

  1. nice one, Dave! Yeah, I got hold of a recording of the original last year; most amusing, and just as good a listen as Richard Hell's B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see ya, pinkie! Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dave.Most interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. never knew that mate, i'll give it listen cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dave Sez & Skamanc.
    First Time I Heard This One.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's s-e-n-s-a-t-i-o-n-e-l-l!!! Heard a lot very old stuff before, but not this one. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tom, it blew my mind too! Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And a couple of unrelated links, just as a Sunday treat for skamanc:

    http://sonofthesubversivesounds.blogspot.com/2012/04/jam-live-at-100-club.html
    http://sonofthesubversivesounds.blogspot.com/2012/05/yardbirds-live-blueswailing-july-1964.html

    Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, been exploring your great blog and want to thank you for excellent work. Particularly the Bluebeat 45's. Many wonderful memories there for me. When this label first became available in the uk in the early 60's I bought many singles from a small record stall at Brixton market.I was blown away by the excitement, energy, rythmic difference and danceability of this music. As the 60's progressed we started hearing it in many of the allnighter clubs along the south coast and it became an integral part of the scene. But it did more than that, ska and it's many evolutions blazed a musical path that influenced the general music scene and continues to do so. Sadly I parted with all my records along the way. Imagine my delight in discovering this collection. Many thanks and much appreciation, Fluff

    ReplyDelete