Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 2 July 2012

THE STRANGLERS : Demo's 1974 - 78


Stranglers demos 1974-78



By request here are some Stranglers demos. These tracks have never been released officially; see the download text for details of others which are officially available.


1974 Demos:


01. Charlie Boy
02. Chinatown
03. My Young Dreams

Mountain Studio Demos, Wales, March 1976 (Foel Studio Demos, recorded by Ian Gomm):


01 - Peaches (4:18)
02 - Down In The Sewer (very early version, without 'Rats' Rally' finale) (4:56)
03 - Bitching (4:58)
04 - Tomorrow Was The Hereafter (4:27)
05 - Bonus: the censored BBC radioplay version of Peaches with a re-recorded vocal track


A second version of Tomorrow from the same session was released first (twice) by the Stranglers' fanclub SIS and then on the "Stranglers From Birth and Beyond" CD.


1977 No More Heroes Demo


01. No More Heroes (Instrumental)


1978 Black And White Demo


01. Tank


Thanks to the great radiolux at http://www.guitars101.com and to the great bat29 at http://noiseaddiction.blogspot.com. As usual for all my posts, check the comment for additions, re-ups and .. maybe ta leave thanks? Cheers, Dave Sez.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a87f3qgp43y27r3

11 comments:

  1. oh yeah !!!! what a start into the new week and into the new month.

    "no more heroes" my anthem and one of the songs from the soundtrack of my life.

    DAVE you are fantastic and WUNDERBAR.
    thank you.
    and SURE thanx to the one and only MR. SKAMANCH

    ReplyDelete
  2. another superb post,

    don't think i've ever heard these before,

    wonderful punk artifacts keep appearing on this blog,

    thanx to skamanc+Dave Sez for these little gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for this, always interested in demo versions before a producer gets hold of the songs.

    Thanks for sharing.
    BootlegMeister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most welcome, BootlegMeister - I also always like to hear the raw stuff. In the case of Penetration (Race Against Time) and Pistols (Spunk), the demos are way better than the finalized LP. Cheers, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ho hum ... one hundred and five downloads, and three people kindly take the time to say thanks ... and no-one said thanks over at bat29's either ...somebody out there needs to learn some manners. Not so cheery, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Dave - it makes you fucking sick doesn't it ? Ungrateful cunts the lot of 'em. This is why I periodically question my sanity pouring time & money into a blog like this... I feel like packing the fucker in right now.

    To all the non commenting downloaders: YOU HAVE BEEN FUCKING WARNED !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ratbags! Toe-rags! Smeg-suckers! But then again, we do it for the love of the music, and you have a couple of loyal troopers whose support is not in doubt. Much cheered from a comment from Herr Pauli that all is being archived and can be re-served - the worst scenario would be blogs closing and music no longer circulating and being heard: that's why I felt I had to jump in and give a hand (whilst bitching about lack of comments). Tons more ta come, mate, and if it's only we Four Musketeers, well, up to the front!

    Never give up! Never surrender! Defiantly (y)ours, Dave Sez.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sadly the link is down...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do - link is down and really really would like to get a copy. If it helps I have commented before (about the fantastic Medway stuff a while back)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn why haven't I found this blog before?
    Sadly this one is gone, but thanks in advance for anything I do find as I spend the rest of the night trawling through what looks like a great selection of goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi can you up this link? thank you :)

    ReplyDelete