Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 9 July 2012

THE PRISONERS : Portsmouth 25/6/86


Direct from our good mate Rodd in Oz... here's the Prisoners playing a gig in Pompey, June 1986. Big thanks to him for the this & the other material on the data disc I recently received. Please leave a comment or two for Rodd..





10 comments:

  1. Thanx Jonny - I think I said the other week after one of your posts that this one was on its way especially for you. There's a few other little treats also. Good on ya Skamanc for your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usal ! rodd our prisoners god.....

    thanx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola - Italy10 July 2012 at 14:04

    Hi Skamanc, Rodd, Jonny & H.Pauli,
    thanks for this Prisoners Live.
    Unfortunately Spain was to strong for Italy...or Italy did not play as good as with England & Germany.
    ciao, nicola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Skamanc,
    do you have possibility to email to me the 2 clippings on Prisoners ? I tried to cut and past the pictures from the blog but when I enlarge them to try to read the quality is not good enough. Where did you get them from (magazine?,newspaper? date?), may be I can try to get the magazine as well ? ciao, nicola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicola. I must admit that I "pinched" (i.e. stole) the newspaper clipping pics from another blog, albeit a now defunct one, enttled Medway Museum. It's easy to locate via a google blog search...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Skamanc,
    thanks for the info. Found the blog and "pinched" the clippings myself. Unfortunately most of them are cut and cannot read the articles...
    anyway, added to the file...
    have a nice day. ciao,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicola, get in contact with me - I'm looking to sell my Prisoners vinyl and thought of you. Mostly mint stuff.
      rodtan65@bigpond.com

      Delete
  7. Nice one Rodd " You can't beat a bit of The Prisoners "
    And thank you kindly Skamanc

    ReplyDelete