Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 22 March 2010

The Jam : Dig The New Breed

Here's "Dig The New Breed" (title from a James Brown lyric)- a posthumous live compilation by The Jam. Nice to be able to blog their take of "Big Bird" - the Eddie Floyd original (dedicated to Otis Redding) is one of my all tiume fave tracks... http://rapidshare.com/files/366632408/Jam-dig-new_breed.zip

3 comments:

  1. This just made me smile :) I remember getting this vinyl as a christmas present off my parents !! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I've been looking for this for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers lads. Mark - you're always welcome & I hope things are looking up a bit for you.

    Cintrarian - I'll sort out the Teenage Fanclub tracklists tomorrow. May be easier to get 'em to you if you e-mail me your contact details (preferav#bly an e-mail add.) Mine is in the blurb @ the top of the blog front page. Plus if you have anything to share then its always welcome...

    ReplyDelete