Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Saturday 12 February 2011

NEU! (1972) & NEU!2 (1973)



Legendary German progressive rock from Neu!
This is also termed Krautrock, along with Can, Kraftwerk & so on.
Pauli & I have briefly made reference to the genre & group in recent cbox messages & I hope some of you download this & give it a try. Personally I think it's 'kin excellent, and I've enjoyed this material for a long time. Pauli has recently sent me some more Can material, which I may post soon.

One of the great things about running a blog is the chance of potentially turning on a visitor to something new, that they might never otherwiase have encountered. I like to think this has happened many times & hope it will be repeated with Krautrock.

As always, comments & messages more than welcome. 



Neu!

Neu!2

4 comments:

  1. it`s a funny word "krautrock" this type of music is really great. i hope the blogpeople find a new
    poin`t of view.Mr.Ska- your words about "running a blog" - totaly right. i`m glad to find a brotherhood of music. i always say skamanch you are the best and ein freund.
    AND TODAY IS THE DAY OF DZEKO (or teves)
    cheers and good luck
    your`s friend Pauli
    P.S.
    great week with amazing post`s on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like NEU 1+2 got a driving beat too it that i really like,dark under current to it also, I saw a bbc4 doc on Krautrock which was interesting, thank you mate yet another group you got me into, Herr Pauli Danke mein freund all is good in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to hear martin - and: neu 1 one of david bowie`s fav. records.
    all we are saying is give krautrock a chance....
    (based loosely on JOHN LENNON)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This type of material was a heavy influence on Bowie's Berlin Trilogy (Low, Heroes & Lodger). The first two especially are amongst my fave Bowie albums.

    ReplyDelete