Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 7 February 2011

DEAF SCHOOL : Garage Islington 28/1/11 (Listen And Learn Tour) Feat Suggs & Lee

With many thanks to Geoff / Blog Meister
I had to stay in & referee the kids last Friday Night...otherwise I had planned to go to Manchester's Band On The Wall to catch Deaf Schol on their "Listen & Learn" Tour. Tonight & completely out of the blue, Geoff e-mailed me to offer me a live file he recorded at their Islington gig last month. Sometime fortune smiles on us... even on old Skamanc!

Many blog regulars will be pleased to learn that Suggs & Lee Thompson guested at this appearance. (see below)

Set List :
Last Night
Get Set Ready Go
The Enrico Song
Where's The Weekend
Nearly Moonlit Night Motel
Hi Jo Hi (featuring Suggs)
Cocktails at Eight
Darling
U Turn Away
Taxi
Goodbye To All That
Thunder & Lightning
Knock Knock Knocking (featuring Lee Thompson)
I Wanna Be Your Boy
2nd Honeymoon
Capaldi's Cafe
---

Scary Girlfriend
What a Way To End It all
Shake Some Action
----

Final Act

The line up

Enrico Cadillac-vocals
Betty Bright-vocals
The Reverend Max Ripple-Keyboards
Cliff (Clive) Hanger (Langer)-guitar
Mr Average-bass
Ian Ritchie-sax
Nicholas Millard-drums

Get it here...

7 comments:

  1. Very cool stuff thanks Mate you do have a knack for digging up a gem or two

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodun this eh ? I'm still after the Manchester Band On The Wall gig from Friday 4th feb if anyone has it ...???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanx for putting this up,living in the Shetland Islands doesn't give me much chance to see live bands.Special thanx to Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil, knowing your are enjoying the show has made it all worth while. To have and share with other like minded people is what it is all about. Big shout to Skaman for hosting and sharing and thanks for taking the time to post, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You my friend are an absolute legend. I better pull my finger out and start uploading gigs to my blog again. I think I have had a long enough break. Thanks again for this gig mate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you good luck with you blog. It looks great. I think diversity is a good thing. Thanks for sharing you thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so much of your fine work and music is still thrivin' on RS dnld...
    But sadly, and since it's so rare, especially to an American in North Carolina USA, living it a town where rebels called Regulators were hanged back in the day...

    In the Battle of Alamance on May 16, 1771, Governor William Tryon and his army defeated the Regulators, and as a result, six Regulators were executed by hanging in Hillsborough on June 19, 1771. The backcountry rebellion was inspired by grievances, including jurisdiction over their own affairs, and wide discontent with the practices of the British government. The Regulators sought the removal of the Currency Act of 1764 which denied use of legal tender. With higher taxation and depletion in sources for paper money, farmers urged the British government to accept commodities such as tobacco, corn, and wheat as forms of payment, but the request was denied, fomenting unrest. The Stamp Act of 1765, which taxed legal documents, newspapers, almanacs, college diplomas, playing cards, dice, and all customs papers, only fueled the fires of the Regulator movement.

    So anyway, I love Deaf School, and this one is dead link...
    ANY CHANCE OF A RE-UP?

    PS: I work at a place called soccer.com, America's largest direct-mail source... EPL of course, and you all, call it football. I'm watching football now, as I type this, and football is the San Francisco 49ers vs. The Greenbay Packers.

    THANKS FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE WORLD OF MUSIC ... all over the globe.

    Den NC USA

    ReplyDelete