Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Friday 4 February 2011

KEVIN ROWLAND (DEXY'S) : My Beauty

OK, we're back in business for now...
Hmmm... don't fancy yours much !! Here's the inimitable Rowland with his solo album...
I dedicate this post to the numpty who insists on sending me weird, rambling & derogatory e-mails about the blog, regular visitors & the music policy. His "messages" make about as much sense as Kevin Rowland's dress sense (literally lol) on the above album sleeve.

10 comments:

  1. GOOD to have you back. Never been sure about this cd though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. certainly not in my top 10 either Phil. Important to add another aspect to the Dexy's canon however, plus I've had several requests over the month. Next Dexy's related will be nearer to the Soul rebels output... probably a live bot or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Althuogh it's not his best, it was definitely great to hear something from him at the time. Cheers for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I shall chip in with a rare opinion on My Beauty. It's a truly wonderful album. So much heart, so much emotion. I have to be in the right mood to play it but when I am it absorbs me utterly.

    To think that jackdaw Noel Gallagher went mad when he heard of it makes it greater still.

    With a different cover and album concept - and I was at his Reading appearance - I think it would be more widely loved for what it is, a genuine and beautiful work with more heart in its first sixty seconds than Oasis managed in fifteen years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pychiatrist Herr Doctor Pauli5 February 2011 at 12:46

    good to see u again mate -
    AND now to the e-mail butthead : PISS OFF!! going back on street walkers patch.mentally ill people needs professional help.the worlwideweb is full of playgrounds for dysfunktional guys - go and play with the likes of you. OR an imaginary friend !!! to solioquize can help ! the main point is that :GET OUT OF OUR LIFE !!!
    HAPPY BLOGIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gallagher is a musical illiterate !!

    Well said Puali - sums up the entire bizarre situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tis a strange album but his voice is magnificent.I agree with mgf in that you really need to be in "that place" to listen to it. oh and a big fuck off to your very own internet stalker. Wish I had one........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God you re still here Skamanc !!!!
    Nice post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers Mark & Mr Anon. I agree its not what you could call easy listening but I do love his voice.

    I've still got your email address in my contacts Mark - I could easily arrange an internet stalker for you lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for moving on..

    There's no blog like this around. Yes, a number of pretenders and nearlies.

    Like to hear about the tributes to Neil.

    Your blog's not always my cup of tea and ... what the fuck is this! Bargepoles come to mind.

    Now, for me, the Faces post (around 1972) of today really hits the mark.

    Big question of the moment, can City do what Wolves did, but please don't stop at 2-1.

    Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete