Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Thursday 24 February 2011

FREE : BBC Sessions (1968 -1970) aka Free Climbing

L-R Kossoff, Rodgers, Fraser & Kirke.

Further treasures from the BBC vaults... Here's several sessions by FREE, dating from between 1968 + 1970, covering the "Tons Of Sobs", "Free", "Fire and Water" and "Highway" album material. I still have loads of Free boots on cassette from their Appreciation Society, run by a great lad in Nottingham called David Clayton. (He produces an excellent magazine also).

I've managed to find already digitalised (is that a word??) versions, so have edited them into one file along with artwork and reuploaded them via Rapidshite. I've just done this as a CD for in the car - takes me back years to when I was regularly doing a West London - Derby - Manchester trip every week or so in my old Granada.










These are clips from a Granada TV show called "Doing Their Thing", filmed live in Manchester, 1970. My youngest Uncle swears he was there - still can't see you Tim !!

2 comments:

  1. hello mr ska.
    i noticed-again and again- the parallels in our music taste- that pleases me no end !!!
    great to see all the free post`s. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this available for download? Love Free!

    ReplyDelete