Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 27 September 2010

THE FIGHTBACK...

Fuck it - even if rapidshare have pulled the plug on my archives I've still got my 1TB hard drive packed with material just begging to be shared & listened to.

I'm English - Dunkirk spirit & all that & will not be beaten by a gang of holy cheese eating cuckoo clock watching computer geeks.

Still no Virgin broadband - fuck them too ! Tmobile are allowing me to up / download at certain times of the day, completely at odds with their fair usage policy & the reminders they keep texting to me.Still, I'll take full advantage while I can...

Some of the posts using Rapidshare continue to work whilst others don't - apologies if this has caused you a problem.

I am uploading stuff from my HDD as I type this post & will keep the blog going as I feel I've put too much into it to quit, as well as all the welcome contributions from the blog faihful - names are in the welcome blurb.

I'll be posting a contribution from Martin later tonight or Tuesday - as this is one of his sharecodes rather than mine then I hope it'll wotk as intended.



PS Just got the html sorted & inserted the new sharebee codes for The Jam / Rockpalast post. All working as intended. I am really pleased with that post as it took me hours to convert each track from Flac to MP3.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for not giving up Don't let the Bastards grind you down mate. if it wasn't for people like you uploading stuff Rapid (snare) would be f*****

    All the best

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Paul. Even if Rapidshare come online properly then fuck 'em. My main gripes are : (a) They seem to have lost 9 months work (650+ files) ; (b) I used to pay for their service until I built up sufficient points / Rapids to fund it that way so either way I've squandered £ / points ; (c) No e-mail / information / help topics were available or sent out. Wankers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work. I stop by frequently, and should probably thank your more often.

    Lew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back mate dont let the bastards grind you down as the Toasters would say

    ReplyDelete