Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Wednesday 12 May 2010

JOHNNY KIDD & THE PIRATES : The Lost BBC Sessions

Here's an interesting compilation, going back a bit further in time than the usual material on the blog. UK Rcok & Roll original Johnny Kidd was a huge figure in the late 50s and early 60s with a blend of rock & blues. The Pirates were a skilled backing band (despite numerous line up changes). Arguably their best guitarist, Mick Green pioneered a combined lead & rhythm style that influenced a generation of UK musicians and led to the demise of the 2nd (rhythm) guitarist in most bands of the era. Green was a major influence on people like Pete Townshend and Wilko Johnson, and, via them, to Paul Weller and beyond.

Have a listen and marvel @ Green's playing on this rare material recorded for the BBC in the early 60s...


For blog fan Chris Casey...

Dedicated to Johnny Kidd (Frederick Heath, died 1966) & Mick Green (died 2010).

3 comments:

  1. Too cool! I've got this cranked up, right now. Outstanding stuff! Thanks very much, brother.

    ReplyDelete