Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Sunday 9 May 2010

DR FEELGOOD : Stupidity (1976)

A September 1976 release, this saw the Feelgoods reach number 1, with the extra, unusual distinction of having done it with a live album. This highlights what they did best - a mixture of classic covers & originals played live. Wonderful stuff.....

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this. A good start for a person whose only real Dr Feelgood knowledge is that UA best of and the recent documentary.

    And, as I said elsewhere, a post as welcome as the failure of the BNP in the recent elections.

    In other words, very welcome indeed.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Feelgoods post! I am from America and these guys never got the recognition over here that they richly deserved. One of the best bands ever! Wilko Johnson's guitar playing was a big influence on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff from the best line up of the band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever listened to Johnny Kidd & the Pirates, Chris ? Mick Green's playing influenced Wilko & Pete Townshend amongst many others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Great stuff! I didn't get the chance to hear Johnny Kidd & The Pirates until about ten years ago, though. Again, being a Yank I didn't get exposed to this stuff until way after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. track 9 missing, but great job, dude!

    ReplyDelete