Welcome To My Blog
Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.
Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !
Feel free to give me a shout : firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester M22, September 2016
For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!
Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).
"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).
Tuesday, 26 June 2012
Dave Sez : Summer Sampler
The summer rolls in around my part of the world, so time to celebrate the sun with some original ska and early punk rarities from the archive!
- the proto-Clash 101ers live in May 76 (Jail Guitar Doors and Junco Partner)
- the two original versions of Armagideon Time from 1969 and 1978, and a great live Clash version from 1980
- both 1977 singles from the secret Stranglers/Wilko group, Celia And The Mutations
- Ultravox's first 1975 single as Tiger Lily
- a UK '76 ska-tinged single by Anglo-Ethiopian Mari Elliott, first single by the pre-Bondage Poly Styrene
- and, last but very definitely not least, the best '77 punk anthem you never heard - Rough Trade's 001, Metal Urbain with Paris Maquis - up there with "Anarchy in the UK".
Full pics and detailed texts for each single included. Enjoy! All one easy download at:
Don't forget to go thank those kind posters whilst getting the music they've offered - your thanks keep the blogosphere rolling!
More rare Wilko is here:
For Dave Sez and friends' megapost of the Gang of Four, see
Remember to check the comments to all my posts for additions and re-ups ... and maybe to say thanks? Cheers for now, Dave Sez.
Posted by Skamanc at 22:10
Labels: Clash 101ers Stranglers Wilko Johnson Mari Elliott Poly Styrene Ultravox Metal Urbain Paris Maquis '77 Punk Ska