Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Friday 22 July 2011

All Change on the Job Front


Thanks to everyone who's recently mailed me congratulations on finding a job after 2 1/2 years jobless... It'd take ages replying individually so...

The old adage that its easier to find work when you're in a Job is true... 5 weeks into my current post, I've just been offered a permament Auto Electrician post with a large HGV Coachbuilding Firm just 4 miles from home. The money is approx 4x more than I'm on here, before overtime !! Obviously I've accepted, so from August, I'll have a lot less time for the blog. This will be continuing obviously, but I'll welcome more contributions to save my limited freetime.

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement - better money, less travel time & diesel used plus its my actual trade. I'm told they're a great firm to work for, though dead hard to get into, so that's a reflection on my electrical skills I reckon... Big, long term contracts (Royal Mail, Hovis, Argos, Morrisons trucks etc), loads of overtime & great money so I'm happy for once...

8 comments:

  1. That's great news, especially in such tough times! Congratulations!

    I think you should celebrate by posting some more of those marvellous Blue Beat 45s volumes!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats you lucky sod! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mate hope it all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH - congrats mein freund.
    all the best wishes
    your`s pauli

    ReplyDelete
  5. shit!!! Throw some cash my way. Well done
    Rod in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Skamanc I know how difficult it is to get good jobs these days. Personally I have taken early retirement so giving the chance for somebody else to have a go.

    Good luck and keep up the good work with the blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments - means a lot to me. Turns out I'll be keeping on my current job type thing on a part, part, PART time basis - all helps I s'pose...

    More Bluebeat on the way this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Skamanc! got a job meself about 4 months ago,no bloody time to do anything anymore !

    ReplyDelete