Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Sunday 21 February 2010

The Jam Farewell Concert, Brighton 11/12/82

Here as promised is the download of the very last gig by The Jam, Brighton Centre, December 11th 1982. Painstakingly converted to MP3 from 3x seperate flac files over the weekend (a 16 hour labour of love all in !!), and presented in 26 seperate, titled tracks. I was delighted to receive this gig in full after years of looking. A reasonable quality audience recording, and a sure fire historical document. However, its not 100% musically - there are far better gigs on the same tour, many of which can be found in this blog's archive. I suppose Weller was busy sussing out his future musical direction, while Rick & Bruce were worrying about the Job Centre !! This great post will be the decider - should my blog continue to have an average of 47 downloads per day without more comments, feedback & thanks, I will call it a day instantly. Like I said, this took 16 hours to get ready to be posted - I have kids & a life you know... http://rapidshare.com/files/353255485/THE_JAM_-_Brighton_Centre_11_12_82__Farewell_Gig_.rar

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for this skamanchackett, been after the full gig for some time .Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help David. Thanks for the feedback !

    Keep it coming folks !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont get disparraged mate....there's some of us who fully appreciate the download let alone the time spent.

    TA very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a Jam kick, and your site had the big prize!!! Also, you have had so much great Jonathan Richman. I appreciate all of your hard work. Greetings from "the southland's fairest city": New Orleans, LA.GFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just discovered this blog. Great stuff mate. Keep up the good work.!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, I was at the gig and then saw a recording the next weekend after the gig on a bootleggers stall in Brighton. Had no money on me and when I went he'd done a vanishing act. Well done ns thanks for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was there too, peculiar gig, lot of fighting as I recall and the band were evidently pissed off by it. Thanks for the work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coool,thanx,loved the jam.Still do.

    ReplyDelete