Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Friday 19 February 2010

Bob Dylan Manchester May 17th 1966

A bona fide classic for tonight's latest post - Bob Dylan's electric set from Manchester's Free Trade Hall, May 17th 1966. This was bootlegged for years as being from the Royal Albert Hall, and is (in)famous for the shout of "Judas" by a disgruntled folk music fan. (Dylan played two sets - the 1st accoustic & the 2nd the controversial "electric" one, backed by "The Hawks" who later became "The Band"). We can't imagine now the accusations of sell out and being a traitor levelled at someone for playing an electric Fender guitar but it was a different world back then... This is one of my all time favourite albums & one I had for years on a scratchy old bootleg until better quality CD's were released, both officially & as boots. Anyway, those in the know will welcome this... if otherwise, give it a try & marvel..... http://rapidshare.com/files/341079572/Bob_Dylan_-_The_Bootleg_Series__Vol._4__Bob_Dylan_Live__1966__The_Royal_Albert_Hall_Concert__Live___

2 comments:

  1. Hello.
    I always loved this show. I saw somewhere it was voted the best bootleg of all time

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry this link isn't working anymore--I've read about this show and would love to hear it. Once more, your stuff is unspeakably awesome, you've turned me on to lots of great new stuff!

    ReplyDelete