Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Saturday 25 February 2012

Fender MIM Precision Standard

A recent tax rebate (from 7 years ago - why so long a wait !?!?) and loads of overtime have enabled me to catch up with all the bills, even Virgin Broadband & Rapidshare...so the blog files will be safe for a while longer ! A few bob in the kids' Post Office Accounts later, I had enough left to place a winning bid on this beauty.

A 1996 Standard Mexican Precision, its a lovely cream colour (faded from the original Olympic White). It came with the pick up covers fitted, and I'll be leaving them on. The only thing I think it's missing is a tortoiseshell scratchplate, which will follow.

Its in lovely condition, plays great and has a powerful sound. Only gripe is the locking strap buttons, so I reckon these will be replaced in due course.

Also picked up a great Amp recently for next to nothing. A 70s Yahama 120w, which I had an offer accepted on. Only drawback was having to collect the thing from Preston but my youngest son & I had a nice Sunday morning trip out in the country out of it.




Only risk is the Mrs kicking off about guitars (again) - as such the Squier Jaguar will be up for sale asap, along with the little Vox amp, plus a 30w Marshall I've also got sitting around.

Now I've got a Precision and a Tele, so all I need to complete the set is a Fender Jazz. Bit of a long shot, but is there anyone out there who has an unwanted Jazz but fancies a Squier Jag with a Vox & / or Marshall amp ?? I'd be happy to swap for a decent Jazz (Fender preferred but a Squier considered).

                                            Here's the Jag & Vox Amp... sorry for crap pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment