Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 21 June 2010

Rapidshare

Is it only me or are other bloggers and downloaders encountering problems with Rapidshare recently ?

I am currently unable to upload new material on there, so am running very short of new material to post on this blog.

I am currently trying to upload a file - it appears to be working, though as this is not via my premium membership, this will only be available to the 1st ten visitors who attempt to download it...

I already have over 520 files with them and have paid my premium Account up for a while in advance, so am very reluctant to go to a new provider / file host.

I'd be glad to hear from others regarding this & maybe have some recommendations for a reliable & free / cheap filehost as an alternative. Thanks.

If I can't sort this out then i'll have to pack in the blog, though I'd be really sad to have to do resort to this step.

UPDATE (noon) : their Support page is still out of comission & I've not had a reply to my "help" e-mail. However, I have a link to Rapidshare on my desktop whcih still allows me to use the old upload link & this seems to be working. Fingers crossed as the last thing I want to do is to close the blog.

Update #2 (20.07) : Making some limited progress, ie I'm now able to upload (haphazardly) onto my Premium Account, so sharecodes will be permanent & limitless in terms of download numbers. This process is taking much longer than it should but....

No comments:

Post a Comment