Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 14 November 2011

THE PRISONERS : More Live Clips (1983 ??)

As regular visitors are aware, I fuckin' love The Prisoners. As such, it was with great surprise that I came across this gem (not literally, though almost... fnarr fnarr !) whilst conducting some youtube research earlier this evening.

Exact date & venue unknown... previous youtubers reckon it's from Water Rats and may be '83 due to the material played. In between tracks Day mentions a "new single" ... "Hurricane", so there you go... 1983.



I treasure the fact thay I saw these lads, both originally AND after they reformed... please remember that "new" Prisoners & related bootlegs are always welcome on the blog... e-mail address in blurb @ the top of the blog.

Fuck me... just found another...

4 comments:

  1. top video is from Nottingham garage festival????
    bottom one is Vienna 21/10/85???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stuff as always...
    Unfortunately I only got to see the Prisoners during their reunion tour in 1993

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello people,
    Allan Crockford here.
    Rodd is just about right. The top video was filmed in Nottingham, but I can't remember the venue. It was big-ish... Also on the bill were the Milkshakes, Tall Boys, Stingrays and a rock band with long hair whose name escapes me. All the bands from down south travelled to Notts together in a coach and got extremely pissed. There were a few dodgy performances that evening. I think it was early 1984. It was professionally filmed and excerpts from all the bands sets appeared on a DVD put out by Cherry Red a few years ago.
    The second video was the first few songs from a gig in Vienna, Austria. the date sounds about right. We asked them to stop filming after a while because the lights were kind of spoiling the atmosphere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to Rodd & especially Allan for filling in the gaps...

    A member of The Prisoners has now posted on my blog... still in a state of shock really !

    ReplyDelete