Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for checking the blog out... Hope it offers something a bit different every now & again. Though I come from a pseudo - Mod background (Soul & Ska in particular), I have a diverse taste in music & hope my varied posts will reflect this.

Cheers Skamanc .... I'm not after your undying gratitude, but please leave your thoughts, comments & opinions on the posts & content. I regularly up- & download material, plus buy and trade items. As such, if I have inadvertently "trodden on anyone's toes" in posting anything then please let me know & accept my apologies. Also please support the artists involved & remember that the blog is merely a pointer toward these various downloads, which are stored elsewhere. Legally, any downloads should not be retained for more than a week. So now I've told you the legal bit !

Feel free to give me a shout : waltjabsco@hotmail.com

Manchester M22, September 2016

For my kids, Dylan & Tommy. Bollocks to the ex Mrs!

Special thanks to Steve White (software), Gordon Waring (music), Shaun Robinson (artwork), Paul Buddery (DVD's / software) & Sonchey Barrett (essential technical advice!).

"Thank you" also to regular contributors Herr Pauli (Malente, Germany), Phil (Shetland), Deco Mc Dermott & Mark Pengelly of Dublin, Martin Smith (Barnet), Paul Baily (London) and Rodd (Australia).

Monday 18 October 2010

Skamanc's Top Ten Downloads for 2010

While twiddling my thumbs this evening I had a flip through the "most downloaded" file in Rapidshare. The following are the most downloaded files from this blog over the last 9 months or so...

(1) Portishead : Third (2) Brian Wilson : Smile
(3) Beck : Odelay (4) The Kinks : Something Else By The Kinks
(5) The King Blues : Save The World (6) Paul Weller : Illumination
(7) The Cure : 17 Seconds (8) Dr Feelgood : Stupidity
(9) Teenage Fanclub & Jad Fair : Songs of Wisdom and Hope
(10) Jefferson Airplane : Volunteers.

So there we have it - think this illustrates the variety of sounds we appreciate. Some surprises & a few certs, eg Weller & The Kinks making it in there. Delighted Beck made it : "Odelay" is a masterpiece, likewise The Fannies album. I was also chuffed to see the Feelgoods in the top ten...

No comments:

Post a Comment